Guidelines to Add Serials to SKU: A step by step guide
1. Go to the Operations module.
2. Within the inventory, Click on 'Products' from the left menu.
3. You have the option to either create a new product or select an existing one. In this case, we will opt for a product that already has the serial policy attached.
Note: You can identify if a serial policy is mapped with the product or not from the product list. If the serial policy is mapped, then under the Serial Policy column you see the policy name otherwise it will show N/A.
4. Click on the 'SKU' tab from the top.
5. Select the SKU that has been associated with the product.
6. Click on 'Uncommitted Serials' from the top.
7. Click on the "Add" icon to input the new serial number.
10. You can associate a customer with the serial, and that serial will be exclusively available for that particular customer.
Note: For a particular serial, you can select only one option, either Add a Resource or Assign it to a Customer.