Service Status In Quote
Jacktrade can automatically track the status of customer orders and services. It provides updates on when orders are received, processed, and shipped. Automatic status updates of Quoted Services can help businesses in several ways:
- Saves time: When the status of a quoted Service is automatically updated, businesses don't have to spend time manually updating and communicating the status to customers. This frees up time that can be used to focus on other important tasks.
- Improves customer satisfaction: Customers appreciate timely updates on the status of their Quoted Service. When businesses automatically update customers on the status of their quotation/estimate, it improves their overall experience and satisfaction with the business.
- Increases efficiency: Automatic status updates can help businesses track and manage the progress of multiple Quoted Services simultaneously. This can help businesses identify areas where they can improve their processes and increase efficiency.
Overall, automatic status updates of customer quotations/estimates can help businesses save time, improve customer satisfaction, and increase efficiency.
Services Status Supported In Jacktrade
Service status for Regular and Recurring Services is maintained independently from Quote Status, and the status of the Quote depends on the status of the Services. For example: if one Service expires, the Quote shows ‘Expired’. The same Service status is also seen in Jobs. Services within a Quote or Job can have the following states:
- Incomplete - When there is no estimate, product, or material built into the Service.
- An incomplete state continuously applies to any new service that has not been submitted as long as these three are not built into the service.
- When there is a Service built without estimates, products, or materials. Incompleteness can not be put into the invoice as it has no value.
- An incomplete state is also brought back when Services, Products, or Materials are totally removed. When the estimates are removed from the Draft state, the quote status moves back to INCOMPLETE.
- Quotes can not be converted into Jobs if there is only one service in Quote with the status Incomplete. Additional services, with different statuses (not cancel, and not Void) will convert a Quote to a Job.
- Recurring cycles in Quotes do not start with incomplete status.
- In combination with recurring and regular service, the Service state remains in an incomplete state and can be converted to Job if any one Service has services built into it.
- Draft - When an estimate, product, or material is built into the Service.
- Service stays in a draft state when estimates, products, or materials are built but NOT submitted.
- The service submits itself as part of the invoice once estimated, product, or material is built as part of the service.
- Quotes can be converted to Jobs from a draft status. Users are prompted to Submit an invoice but can choose to skip it.
- Submitted - This applies when service is part of the quote when it's submitted. Services need to have an Estimate, Product, or Materials built to be submitted. These Services can cost ‘zero’ value or more.
- Modified - This applies when the service is modified post-submission or resubmission.
- Completed - There is no completed state in Quotes as it only exists in Jobs.
- Expired - Expires after the Start time of the service date is past the current date. Moves to archive list as per timer configured in business configuration.
- Quote expires on Start time, and in Jobs - expires happens on the End time.
- In Job, services start automatically and need to be closed manually. If the service in Job is not closed, and the end date expires, the state
- Void - Service can be manually Voided by the user giving a reason for Voiding the Service. Void Reason is fetched from the 'Data Sets' in the business configuration which is different from Quote Void reason. The Service immediately moves to the service archive list.
- Voided Services can not be edited, and no changes can be made.
- The difference between VOID and CANCEL is that VOID is done due to human errors, and they are not considered as part of the revenue report, whereas, canceling a Quote or Job means a lost opportunity.
8. Canceled: Manually removed by the user giving a rejection reason. Moves to archive list as per timer configured in business configuration.
Effects of Service Status When Quote Status Changes
Due to the dynamic nature of a progressive business and timeline constraints, Quote status changes all the time:
- Submitted: If a Quote is submitted, then all services are automatically changed to Submitted unless the service is expired, Void, or canceled.
- Re-submitted: When a Quote is re-submitted post the 1st submission, then all services are automatically changed to Re-submitted unless the service is expired, Void, or Canceled.
- Void: When the Quote is VOIDed, it does not affect the Services status. Service status unless VOIDed remains as is. For example: If the Quote is Voided, Service status can remain as Expired, Completed, Submitted, etc.
- Canceled: Manually removed by the user giving a reason for cancelation. Cancel Reason is fetched from the 'Data Sets' in the business configuration. The Quote moves to the archive list as per the timer configured in the business configuration. Canceled Quotes can not be edited, and no changes can be made.
Meetings In Quotes
Meetings for the customer are embedded directly into the Quotes. Businesses can measure efforts against their sales conversions, and if the company is spending way too much or even less time having conversations with their customers. Meetings are integrated with Jacktrade’s calendar notification services, and businesses can also set up Smart Notifications to build reminders and alerts, and even build marketing campaigns around Meetings.
For easier and more effective collaboration, Jacktrade integrates with other 3rd party services like
- Google Drive
- Google Meeting
- Microsoft Calendar
- Google Calendar
Meeting sends out calendar notices to recipients you add to the meeting.
Most of the functions in Jacktrade are status-driven which allows the business to handle the assignments, scheduling, and management most robustly and efficiently. The following status is supported for meetings:
- Scheduled: Scheduled status is set when the meeting date is in the future.
- Expired: When a ‘meeting’ is not marked as completed, and the meeting time expires.
- Rescheduled: When the meeting has expired and a new meeting time in the future has been set.
- Canceled: Users can mark a meeting canceled anytime. This overwrites any other status and archives it right away.
- Voided: Users can mark a meeting void anytime. This overwrites any other status and archives it right away.
- Completed: Users can mark the meeting completed anytime.
Product Fulfillment Status Within Each Service
A Jacktade provides automatic status updates for customer services and fulfillment of products and materials.
- Quoted Services: You can track customer promises and provide real-time updates on the status of each Quoted Service, from the time it is opened to the time it is closed.
- Order Management: You can track the status of customer orders and provide updates on when orders are received, processed, and shipped.
- Returns and Refunds: You can manage the returns and refunds process, providing updates on the status of each return or refund request, from the time it is initiated to the time it is completed.
Automatic status updates help businesses improve customer service by providing timely and accurate information to customers, reducing the need for manual follow-up, and improving customer satisfaction.